Use Reusables (UR) Grants are for organizations that are planning to incorporate reusable packaging into their manufacturing, transport and/or distribution systems.
Click here to view or download the application packet.
Who Can Apply?
To be eligible for a UR grant, you must be an incorporated private company, non-profit organization, public agency, or institution and in compliance with all U.S. federal, state and local land use, regulatory and permit requirements.
Which Projects Are Eligible?
Projects of all sizes will be considered. To be eligible, your project must:
- replace single- or limited-use transport packaging with durable pallets or bins, reusable pallet-wrap, expanded use of intermediate bulk containers (IBCs) or other reusable transport packaging solutions;
- be implemented within six months of application, or have been implemented in the six months prior to application; and
- fit one of the following descriptions:
- The project demonstrates the ability to prevent waste in Alameda County during the course of project implementation, OR
- The project is a pilot located outside of Alameda County, with the intent or potential to replicate it to realize benefits to Alameda County, should the pilot be successful, OR
- The project demonstrates that the materials/products being shipped in the transport packaging have an end destination in Alameda County.
How Are Funds Allocated?
Award requests of up to $30,000 will be considered. Grant monies can be used to fund equipment costs, labor costs, and other costs that are essential to the implementation of the project, such as educational materials for employees or customers.
How Do I Apply?
Review the grant application packet and submit your completed application. Funds are awarded on a first come, first served basis, until all grant funds are expended. For a sample completed grant application, please click here. For more information, please email Reusables@StopWaste.Org.